Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Quarter Outside Reading Book Review

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Penguin Group, 2007 Genre: Fiction

Vampire Academy is about a princess vampire and her guardian. They had ran away from their special academy then two years later the people trying to get them back finds them and brings them back. As their high school life resembles ours with hating and heartbreaking. He princess Lissa and her best friend Rose is her guardian. Rose is human and vampire which makes her Dhampire. And Strigoi are trying to turn Lissa into one of them, and Rose must protect her. Their life is different coming back after being away for so long, Rose is basically on lockdown so she doesn’t try to run away again and have many rules not to break or she will be kicked out and then Lissa would be alone. Lissa also seems to want to help Rose for once, but she ends up getting carried away, and it is not good. She seems to be turning like what had happened before they ran away. Will it repeat the past? If you want to know what happened next then you are going to have to get the book.

“A dark and compelling world! Rose is sassy, dangerous -my kind of girl.” -Gena Showalter

This book is one of a couple other books she had written. This is also the first of a series. She writes in Roses’ perspective and it stays that way. The only time it is in Lissas’ perspective and Roses’ is when Rose goes into Lissa mind. Then have sush a strong connection and you and just feel it. That they have a very special and unique bond. I haven’t read any other books by her but plan to later on.

“The guy’s dark eyes lingered on the now covered bite a moment longer and then met mine. I returned his look defiantly and quickly jerked out of his hold. He let me go, though I knew he could have restrained me all night if he’d wanted.” (11)

This book was great! I don’t like reading, but I enjoyed reading Vampire Academy. It made me want to keep reading. There was a lot of turns and suspense. She put a lot of great effort on this book and it paid off. There is so much detail and description that it is almost as if I was there tagging along with them the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. 1)I think Cindy enjoyed this book. I can tell because she doesn't like reading, but read anyway.

    2) She noticed that the author wrote in first person.

    3) yes she did pick an interesting passage. She chose one that made me want to read more. It was mysterious and left me hanging and mouthwatering to read more.

    4)I would consider reading this book. THe reason is I love books about vampires. I am a vampire fanatic.

    V)The format was easy to understand and it was straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete