Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Biking toward laughter with friends

Money for a lot of people is the most important thing these days, but how does the people with very little money live on. Is there something they use to replace money? Or do they just hate life and everything? Does money really buy happiness? Or is being with the people you love, more than money can ever give you?


The sound of wind through my hair, and bike tires on gravel. Faster then the speed of lightning! As I make my way down this hill I feel so alive. Little bumps are no match for a diamondback! I stay remained on the seat till I catch some air. Jolting forward as I hit the brakes till I slow down enough to turn the corner. Then I have to work my way up hill again.
I value something’s that is worth money, but not for that reason. It was Christmas morning. As I stepped downstairs skipping the second to last stair so I miss the creaky one. It was quite and peaceful, but cold so I grabbed a sweatshirt. I couldn’t wait for everyone to get up. I waited eagerly hoping it wouldn’t be much longer. When they did get up we went to our living room and opened up presents. We were almost done and my mom said when you are done Cindy to go to the basement. I said OK and finished up.
We all went to the basement it was very cold so I wanted to hurry up. Then she told me to go to the side room. As I went in I saw the awesome purple bike. It was a diamondback bike. That meant it was a dirt bike so would be easy to go through woods and on normal pavement and it gets yearly tune ups and all that kind of stuff. I gave her a hug and then got stuck bringing it up stairs. It is not that heavy so easy to move around. I love it and it gets me places faster than walking and when I can’t get a ride. Also it is environment friendly too.


“OMG! What is that?!” I shouted at Jess, and JJ added “It is her face!” Then a huge burst of laughter came about all of us. “You got to take a picture, everyone get in, on the count of three get ready….1…..2…..3!” and after the snapshot sound went off we moved.
I value something that no one could ever put a price on. A beautiful day to go outside and JJ suggested we do. JJ just found an application on my computer that uses my webcam. He said there were are all these features that we could play with and one of his favorites he said is the reflection. Where you can see only to one side and it reflects back. There are two of all of use and the person in the middle is really funny looking with their face messed up if it’s not exactly in the middle. We got into weird poses and took pictures to remember this. After most of them I ended up on the ground and laughing till we couldn’t breath.
JJ started to do full body videos so we backed up. And Chris came up with a joke of making people disappear. He had me standing next to him then pushed me to his left and then “POOF!” I would vanish because on the screen you can only see from the middle to the right and the other side is reflected. It looked so cool and amazing; it was the best feeling and amazing memory.


What I value the most is precious memories with friends. I still love some of the valuable things in life like getting a new bike or something special from a friend. To me money doesn’t bring true happiness only my friends do. When I look at a bike and my friends you can clearly see the differences. Unlike the bike my friends are alive and can have fun with me the bike on the other hand is a bunch of metal and plastic which doesn’t show if its’ happy or sad. Having friends is so much more than a bike. Having a bike thro is what gets me to my friends’ house on certain days. A lot of the time no one can drive and walking is just too long of a wait to see them. That’s when I grab my bike on nice days and glide my way there. If I didn’t have a bike I would still go but it would waste more time without being with my friends, and to me that matters the most. In any day is a good day to hangout and it’s the best days when we have a goofy day and make each other laugh.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Cindy seems to be saying that she values her diamondback dirt bike and a special moment with her best friends. Cindy loves the moments where she has the wind in her hair when she rides her bike. She also loves that special moment with JJ and Jess where they make funny photos. These are the things Cindy strongly values.

    2. I found that the dirt bike section was most vividly described. I like the part where she describes her and her bike as "faster than lightning". This makes a picture where she is riding down a gravel road and everything around her are blurred because she is going so fast. That is the section that is most vividly described.

    3. I think one of the essay's overall strengths is describing and telling the situation well. In both situations, both the dirt bike and the moments with her friends, like the reader could almost be there. You can tell that the author put effort into this essay because she describes is joyfully. That is one of the essay's overall strengths.

    4. I think that it wouldn't hurt to make the situation longer or also describing the connections better. This would make the reader pay more attention to what's happening in the story. It would also make this essay more interesting. Good job Cindy, love you essay ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that in this essay, the author is mainly trying to emphasize that she thinks money can't buy happiness. I have to agree with this statement and can relate to this essay. Also, i think that Cindy is expressing that friendship is the biggest thing in her life.

    The most vivid part of this essay to me would be the bike description. I liked the imagery and how she described the morning that she got the bike. It was easy to follow and made the essay more interesting.

    I think that this essay's biggest strength would be that the author has a point of view and supports it throughout her essay. She has good reasoning for why money cant buy you happiness and how your friends will always be there for you. I thought this was an important part of the essay.

    One thing i would recommend for this essay would be to describe why these valuables are important parts in her life a little more. It would make the essay more interesting and give it supporting details. good job.

    ReplyDelete